These were my classmates who I spent the past 10 weeks with: 리이코, 에리카, 마나, 티타폰, 아키호, 리호 and 사라, and 이본, 산드리나, 원휘, 사유리 and 명품 were also my classmates but they didn't come today. And 마리코 needed to prepare for the singing performance so she took another bus. They are so cute and I'll definitely miss them so much. Once I think of that I cannot meet them every day, which is what I did in the last 10 weeks, I feel so bad.
I heard that all students of language institute in Suwon campus were almost Chinese. If it's true, so many....
All the students in level 6 so they wore the gown.
Our 사라 got the 우정상(友情賞). I didn't know that SKKU would give us the prizes today!
I didn't even remember when we voted for this, but I'm pretty sure that I voted for her, because even if the vote happened in my dream, I would also vote for her.
아키호 got the 노력상(進步獎). She's always so kind!
Student in level 6
The first show.
Before the second show, they showed us a video first. Mariko was so lovely that she even mentioned our class in the video! And no one else did so.
The third performance.
And the last but not least show was from all the students in level 6. They sang the song 'Dream High'.
This certificate is one of the best gifts from SKKU, because there's SKKU logo on the cover and it can't be bought. No one would know how I felt when I got this. It was worthy to pay for it.
In the 10 weeks, I truly had good luck. I met good teachers, good classmates and good friends. It's really important to have a good teacher when I wanna learn something. For example, last semester in Taiwan, for some reason, a new Korean teacher came and taught us instead of the original one. During that semester, I felt all my passion for Korean was gone and I didn't even know why I would go to Korea for exchange student. That new teacher was good, but just not my type.
But at the same time, for some reason, I was dying to go abroad for one semester. I didn't care which country it was. I just wanted to leave where I was. I didn't have good grades so I couldn't compete with others (I also dislike competition), and Korea was not a popular choice so I chose it. But also because Korea was an unpopular country at NCTU, it was lonely to come here alone. However, on the other hand, 'everyone I met would be a NEW friend', I told myself. I really had a tough time when I just came here. This is an another story...
We gave our grammar teacher some little gifts. Hope she like it.
이인희 선생님, 김명민 선생님. So many thanks.
They are so cute.
Suwon campus. It looked like bigger NCTU campus.
We held the ceremony of completion in this place.
The certificate of merit.
What I love the most in this three pieces of certificates are 'Nationality' and 'Attendance'. Many people can't understand the 'Nationality' part, I guess. When your country is in such an international position, and you see something about you 'country' abroad, the feeling is more than happy. As for 'Attendance', it's an easy, little thing to go to school for one day or two days but not easy to go to school every day, rain or shine, so I'm proud of it.
This is the prize with the certificate of merit. The prize of 우정상 is a good umbrella, but I don't know what the prize for 노력상.
If it were just a USB drive made by Samsung, it'd be nothing, but with a logo of SKKU, it means something to me.
It's funny that I didn't bring any USB drive to Korea (at that time, I thought, 'if I really need it, just borrow or buy one.'), but I'll take 2 back to Taiwan with a total of 12GB, while I only had one for 1GB in Taiwan.
For this 10 weeks, I think of some words I learned from the Chinese textbook in junior high:
"There're too many people to thank, so let me just thank God."--Chen, Chih-Fan.
After the ceremony, our teacher even sent messages to every student.
OK, the teacher's name in my mobile phone was not correct(just for the pronunciation at first) but I've edited it.
My college life was a disaster. In the first 2 or 2.5 years, I didn't even know what I was doing there. Every day I woke up, I was thinking what the fuck I was doing. I didn't like what I learned but I didn't know what else I could do to change it because I was not a wise person. I didn't know how to get rid of Taiwanese education system and how to remodel a new me. I don't find the sense of belonging in my classmates that much because we're so different, not in opinions but we're in different worlds. We have nothing in common. And then I met some good teachers and had good friends, which made me feel better. I'm a person that even I've suffered for a long time but one good thing happens, and then it's enough, because life's just like this. It's impossible that everything's good but it happens for some reason, and I keep trying and wait. To be honest, the things happened to me in this few months are richer than the past 3 years. But maybe also because the life here is not that realistic, I'm not sure. I guess now the only reason I'd be willing back to the information management institute for graduate school is I want to be a student.
Money is important but not everything. I can live a simple life and don't need as much money as a rich engineer can earn in TSMC. All I need is enough money and time to do what I want to do. In Taiwan, in our generation, since in childhood, some of us have known that we have to study hard, go to a famous school and get a good job in science field. And if we want to study abroad, it's because of the name of the school, then we can earn more in the future, so the first thought is 'the US or the UK?'. I guess this is what we were taught from most parents. (I guess the same thing is happening in India now.)
There're so many jobs to do so if we don't want to be an engineer, the name of the school is not that important. (Well, maybe it's quite hard because there're too many engineers in Taiwan.) As a result, studying abroad is not only for the school name but also for the experience and to broaden the views. There're too many countries we can choose but probably few people think about this. Even if it's not a top ranked school, it's still good. Even if it's a small country, it's still good.
I don't know if it's too late for me to realize this.
沒有留言:
發佈留言