2012年5月13日星期日

【Kr/韓國】Tongin Market & Gyeongbokgung (통인시장 & 경복궁)/通仁市場、景福宮

P4282800
Before going to Gyeongbokgung(景福宮), I wanted to go to Tongin Market(通仁市場) for my lunch first.

P4282801
I didn't find any restaurant like Taiwanese buffet until then. But it's kinda different. At first, you have to buy a empty lunch box and get some food exchange tickets. Then you can look around the whole market to pick up the food you like with those tickets. They looked so delicious! If I hadn't been there for fried rice cake(떡볶이), I would have tried it for sure!

P4282802
통인시장 옛날 떡볶이- 기름떡볶이1인분
The day before I went to Gyeongbokgung, I was just browsing my travelling book and suddenly I saw an introduction about this vendor. There are two vendors selling this kind of stuff, fried rice cake with red pepper taste or soy-bean sauce. The book also said the pajeon (Korean pancake) was a must-eat. I chose the vendor introduced by my book. The cook is a lovely old lady, and she asked if it was too spicy for me while I thought it wasn't spicy at all. I like the rice cake with soy-bean sauce more. There's some rice cake with red pepper paste, some with soy-bean sauce, and one little sesame leaf pancake in 기름떡볶이 set. I guess it's because this three dishes are the most popular one. Also, the green bean pancake looked so good, but it's a little expensive so I didn't try it. I have to say this dish is kinda greasy, but it's worthy to try because it's really different from those fried rice cake we can have every day on the street.

P4282803
Popeyes was also one fast food restaurant on my list. I tried it in Hong Kong International Airport and it was so good. Then I found there's one Popeyes just opened around Gyeongbokgung, so of course I'd go there.
After I tried it, I also added this restaurant into my conclusion to Korean fast food restaurants: All the fast food restaurants in Korea are awful except McDonald's.


P4282804
After meal, I got to Gyeongbokgung around 3:00pm. There are Chinese guides three times a day, and one is at 3:00pm. I bought the ticket asap and made it on time! I like a trip like this, which I don't have to make detailed plan but something good happens.

P4282805
I have to admit that I was a weird tourist who only kept watching people taking pictures with the guards instead of having a photo with the guards. Because I found the guard's face looked so awkward and it was kinda funny. I'm very curious what they are thinking when tourists take photos with them.


P4282806
So many people on the weekend

P4282807
The ticket

P4282808

P4282809
Our Chinese guide. She's Korean but can speak Chinese very well. At first, there were only two people in that guided tour, so it was kinda awkward because the tour guide looked so haha. But then 5 or 6 more people joined us, all Chinese and Chinese American, no Taiwanese :(

P4282810
In ancient times, this stream connected to Cheonggyecheon (청계천,清溪川), but now it's blocked, and only when it rains, there's water in it. 
以前這條河川的水會流到清溪川,但是後來這條河被封起來了,現在也只有下雨的時候才會有水。

P4282811
It's a phoenix symbolizing safety.
這個鳳凰的雕刻象徵祈求平安。

P4282813
P4282815
P4282818
Geunjeongjeon Hall('勤政殿'), which was for the king (They didn't use the word 'emperor' because only Chinese king could use that word at that time)to hold the rallies once a month.
勤政殿是用來舉行一個月一次的朝會。

P4282812
Once I heard its name, I forgot. It symbolizes justice.
象徵正義的雕像,頭上還有角。

P4282814
Right in front of Geunjeongjeon Hall, here was for all the officials and they'd line up according to their ranks. In ancient times, a civil official was greater than a military officer. As a result, all the civil officials stood on  east side because the sun rises in the east.
在古時候,文官比武官高階,而太陽從東邊升起,所以文官都站在東邊,武官站在西邊。

P4282816
The flagging is full of ancient people's wisdom. For example, they didn't make it neat and smooth to prevent the strong sunshine reflected by the flagging.
凹凸不平的石板路有古人的智慧,我只記得其中一個原因是避免太陽反射。

P4282817
They decorated outside with the animals of Chinese Zodiac and also according to exact direction.
勤政殿外圍有很多雕像,包含了十二生肖,這些石像也有根據方位做設計。

P4282819
The view from where the king stood, watching all the officials.

P4282820
They were rooms, but now only walls.

P4282821
Inside 'Geunjeongjeon Hall'. This was what I could see when standing in front of Geunjeongjeon Hall.

P4282822
Then going to the right side, from the different angle of view, and the golden dragon could be seen. I would've definitely missed it without the tour guide!!
要繞道側面才看的到天花板的龍。
P4282823

P4282825
P4282828
Sajeongjeon Hall('思政殿'), also for the king to hold the meetings but every day.

P4282826
P4282829
P4282831
This two halls are one the right and left side separately of the Sajeongjeon. They were for the king to carry out the duties, such as reading the documents.

P4282824
The Black Tortoise('玄武'). Its back is like a turtle while the body is like a mouse, but I can't see though.

P4282827
It was an incredible invention, even nowadays it's still amazing. As you can see, the shadow pointed out the time at that moment, even the date and the 24 solar terms!!! Although there were many similar inventions in different countries in ancient time, what made this one special was the downwards semicircle which made it able to point out the time more precisely. However, nowadays this can't point out the very exact time because the time system used in Korea now is according to the Japanese time system.
古代的時鐘,非常了不起的設計,很精準。

P4282832
This, the Earth storage('地字庫', '지'), was one of  the storehouses for storing the property of the country. There were ten storehouses named  Sky('天', '천'), Earth('', '지'), Black('', '현'), Yellow('', '황'), Space('', '우'), Time('', '주')、Vast('洪', '홍')、Desolate('', '황')、Sun('日', '일')、Moon('月', '월'). If all these words are put together, it meas, "The Sky is Black, the Earth is Yellow, the Universe is Vast, the Sun goes up and down and the Moon is regularly round." 
用來存放國家財產的倉庫。

P4282834
The tour guide told us that every lawn in Gyeongbokgung represented there'd been a hall on that spot before.
在景福宮裡,有草地的地方表示以前曾經有建築物,但是後來因為戰爭被燒掉了。

P4282836
P4282835
Gyeonghoeru Pavilion. This was for holding ceremonies and banquets. They used the second floor mainly. The first floor was built according to the Chinese saying in ancient times, "The sky is a round canopy, and the earth is flat and square('天圓地方')." As a result, the outer pillars are cylinders, while the inner pillars are all cuboidal.


P4282837
One of our team members noticed some stuff one the roof ridges. These are Japsang('雜像', '잡상'). These figures based on the characters from the Chinese story 'Journey To The West'('西遊記', '서유기') were for warding off evils. There could be Japsang on the rood ridges only if the buildings were for the king.

P4282838
Gangnyeongjeon Hall('康寧殿') was for the king to have a rest and sleep.

P4282839
As I zoomed in on the hall, it was clear to see the doors were hung up, which was the way they did in ancient times. 

P4282840
P4282841
Inside Gangnyeongjeon Hall.

P4282843
Yeonsaengjeon Hall (延生殿), one of the resting halls('寢殿', '침전'). It's said that if the king had wanted a male baby, he would've spent the nigh with a concubine or the queen in this hall. If he'd wanted a female baby, he would've gone to the other hall.

P4282844
The underfloor heating system at that time. The underfloor heating system is the best thing in Korea!

P4282845
It was a stack carved '千秋萬歲'(means 'live for a thousand years') on.

P4282846
The other stack was carved '萬壽無疆'(also means 'live a long life') on.

P4282847
Gyotaejeon ('交泰殿', '교태전') was for the queen to reside. Actually, this hall was the center of Gyeongbokgung!

P4282848
The 'forks' on the ceiling was for preventing the birds from nesting. 

P4282849
The wire netting had the same function as the forks.

P4282850
This was a big garden behind Gyotaejeon and it was for the queen only. Actually, for Korean in ancient times, they liked natural views so they preferred not to make artificial backyard and Gyeongbokgung was also surrounded by mountains. But, this artificial garden made people feel the view was extended from the mountain and more beautiful.

P4282851
We could also see the Blue House('青瓦臺', '청와대') as known as the presidential palace from here...just a very little part of the roof ridge.

P4282852

The imperial kitchen was repaired so we couldn't visit there.

P4282853
I don't know this's a Chinese style or Korean style tracery wall. This kind of wall could be built only when there was a hall for women inside. (It's Gyotaejeon inside this wall.)
只有女性居住的建築外圍,可以有這樣的花牆。
P4282855
Another more beautiful tracery wall on the other side. This one is more beautiful because the building inside was for the mother of the king.
比上圖更漂亮的花牆,上圖是皇后住的,也只有太后能擁有更美的花牆。
P4282856
The tour guide asked us to look at this amazing artwork more closely, because those flowers and plants on the wall were not 'carved' actually, they were embedded.
這些圖案不是用雕的,是鑲進去的。

 P4282857
This one also.

P4282858

P4282859
What a beautiful place.

P4282860
Going out via the back gate of Gyeongbokgung and the Blue House was right there.

P4282861

The Blue House is so big and luxurious! After I visited Gyeongbokgung and saw the Blue House, the first thought flashing into my head was: 부자가 됐으면 좋겠다! ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ


P4282863
When walking along the walls surrounding Gyeongbokgung back to the subway station, I saw this pretty cool advertisement. I love visiting museums, and hope this will open soon because I'm very curious what a naked museum looks like! Maybe it's all transparent?

P4282864
Oh, I love modern buildings soooo much. When a modern construction and a historic monument are in the same picture, the beauty of conflicts makes both of them more beautiful.

P4282865
I was standing in front of Gwanghwamun, the main gate of Gyeongbokgung, facing the Gwanghwamun Square.













I prefer doing things straightforward. Sometimes, somehow someone just likes to make an simple thing complicated, which would make my patience run out. (What I'm talking about now has nothing to do with shopping, because when I go shopping, it could take a hundred years for me to make a decision.) For instance, if I want to ask somebody something, there're only two choices for me: to ask or not to ask. 
If I wanna know, just go ask, and then it's the other's turn to decide whether to tell you; if I don't care about it that much, then just forget it. I think I'm not a good-tempered person always. But, well... my temper and patience depend on whom I interact with. When facing people who made good impressions on me, I can bear with almost everything, even coming up with some excuses for them before they give me any explanation. 

On the other hand, when facing  people who are none of my concern or don't deserve my concern that much, somehow I tend to get hot-tempered and run out of my patience. I recall what my teacher told me, "When encountering this situation, just walk away immediately and come back after calming down, because people are apt to do stupid things when angry." And also, my EQ is not high enough to fake a truly smile and pretend everything's just fine, so walking away is the best choice.




Every time seeing friends use the apps in their smart phones to chat with others, I'm dying buy one!! However, when seeing people use their smart phones everywhere, everytime, I think having a stupid phone is enough, because I'm afraid to be one of them. That kind of person keeps chatting via Line, KaoKao Talk, etc., even when some 'real' friends are standing right in front of them. 

It's fucking terrible and stupid because they either don't cherish their 'real' friends and waste their time to meet them, or make their 'real' friends think they don't care about them. Furthermore, whenever you talk to them, they're using smart phone, so you often have to say the same thing twice or more to make sure you have their attention. As a result, sometimes when I want to enjoy my time with people very much, I choose not to carry my phone with me.

Using a smart phone in a wrong way makes people lack respect to others. Using a smart phone like this only makes smart people become stupid people. Technology is for making life more convenient, but some things in real life can never be replaced, ever. 

Take Facebook for another example. Facebook makes you not miss anyone's birthday and you also post on their wall in 30 seconds. But actually, do you really care and remember their birthdays? As a result, a handwriting card, a phone call, a text message or even an e-mail can ALWAYS make people feel more touched. I don't deny in some way Facebook does make our life better though. Too much is as bad as not enough.




沒有留言:

發佈留言