2012年5月24日星期四

【Kr/韓國】Seodaemun Prison History Hall & Making Rice Cake (서대문형무소역사관&떡 만들기)/西大門刑務歷史館、年糕博物館

Last time I went to Seodaemun Prison History Hall alone, and it was a wonderful experience. If I become a travel writer, I'll introduce this place to my readers for sure. I don't know why I didn't read any of travel books introducing this museum.


This time I went there again but with my dear friends, so it must be a better tour. I didn't focus on the historical stories while enjoying the time with my friends instead.


P5173109
P5173107
I didn't notice this picture last time yet I noticed it this time, which is also an advantage to go to one place more than once.

P5173111
Oooh, so nice of my dear friend Sara. She was taking a photo for them!!! In my own opinion, the world needs more people who are willing to help others actively. Now this photo reminds me of one thing that when we just came back from Busan and we were in KTX Seoul station, we saw a girl with some problem pulling out her luggage from the locker. I should've helped her, but I hesitated because I was thinking, "What if I break the suit case?". And some of us said it was none of our business so we should just leave. I agreed but I felt guilty. Because, if I am a person needing a help, I'll be very happy to see someone just stop and help me. I could've done better. I should have. Although sometimes when people around you aren't doing the same thing as you, it's quite embarrassing and weird, I need to gather myself up to help people...

P5173112
Jana's eyes are really beautiful. There's even a sunflower in it ;D

P5173130
Last time I went there, this one was not switched on.

P5173131
P5173132
This is wall-tapping communications. Last time I didn't see this! Every time there's something new.

P5173153
Cute! In fact, the weather was so bad in the morning, but it was super good then, perfect for a tour!

P5173155
Little lotus. This reminds me of the lotus lake at NCTU.


P5173159
Full of names.

P5173160

P5173163
Oh, the mountain is breathtaking!

P5173169
Maybe someday I'll buy something like this, but it's kinda heavy to me....

P5173173
Pumpkin porridge(호박죽) at 김밥천국. It's cheap and tasty so I guess it's better than 본죽. Not does every 김잡천국 sells this.



The language institute held a rice-cake-making activity for the students in level 2.
P5183178

P5183182
In the rice cake museum.

P5183184

P5183185
They looked so good! Rice cake in Korea looks so beautiful that I wanna try them all. However, I tried few times and all I can say is ... it always looks better...

P5183186

P5183187

P5183188

P5183189

P5183190

P5183192

P5183193

P5183196
hahaha

P5183195

P5183199

P5183200

P5183201

P5183204
Looked much better than the food at student restaurant hehehe

P5183205

P5183206
oh I wanna eat this!

P5183207

P5183209

P5183210
Duck-shaped dishes for rice cake.

P5183211
Study hard

P5183212

P5183213

P5183214


P5183218

P5183219

P5183222

P5183217

P5183220

P5183221


P5183223
Rice-cake-making class started.

P5183250

P5183224
It was my first time to wear an apron.

P5183225
We could see what the teacher was doing via this television clearly.

P5183226
Glutinous rice flour, smelling so good.

P5183229
One of the teachers.

P5183230
Working hard?

P5183238
The stick was used to make the rice cake flat and look better.

P5183241
Like this.

P5183243
We had to cut the cake before steaming it.

P5183251
After being cut

P5183254
The steamer. I like traditional steamer more.

P5183255
For decorating.

P5183256
The teacher was wrapping the cover with cloth to absorb the water drops, pretending them from dropping, so that the surface of the rice cake can be flat.

P5183257
Waiting for 20 minutes.

P5183262
The teacher's


P5183270
P5183271

P5183274

P5183281
Our's rice cake, called fox-faced cake hahaha.

P5183285
It tasted like '鹽梅糕'. I though what we made would be the rice cake used to make fried rice cake(떡볶이).... but it was not. I still had a good time though, because I'm into learning how to cook new dishes!

P5183288






It's kinda weird that I don't miss Taiwanese food at all! Every time my friends were talking about how much they missed their hometown food, I didn't share the same feeling :O I guess it's because when I was in Taiwan, I didn't often eat typical Taiwanese food, such as fried chicken cutlet and bubble milk tea. They're good but very fat, so I seldom had. I often had simple and convenient meals at school, like lunch boxes, and I don't have any preference for braised pork rice although it's also tasty. Furthermore, I tend to get used to foreign food, so I almost love every kind of food. I'm willing to try new food, even if it looks horrible. Even though I seldom ate spicy food, I get used to and even like it now. It's hard to imagine the days there's no Korean spicy food to eat, but, well, I'll be used to it again in a short time.





沒有留言:

發佈留言