2012年5月14日星期一

【Kr/韓國】都是吃的

Studying abroad is the best chance to improve cooking skill and... imagination.

P5123062
Yesterday's supper, easy and cheap but healthy. Fried rice (only rice and Chinese cabbage), and canned tomato-flavored beans with mushrooms.


P5062946
The easiest one, only seasoned with a little bit of salt, so that's why I also liked this when I was in Taiwan. There were only vegetables and chicken. I like original flavour without seasoning so I can taste the sweetness of vegetables, which is the best part. I'm always wondering how those people tending to eat heavy food can taste the subtle interaction among ingredients.

I fried fish patty, Chinese cabbage and egg for today's dinner. Simple, dead cheap.

P5062955
Snacks from the Thai friend.

P5123068
Pomegranate tea. It was my first try. I just bought it from the Lotte Mart yesterday. It tasted good but a little expensive because one pack only for 100ml, and there're only 12 packs in it.

P5123066
The middle one is one of my favorite snacks here, much better than chips. The left one is very good!! It's much tastier than potato chips of Market O. I saw one of my classmates ate it every day before and I also read some comments about that snack on the Internet. As a result, I finally bought it. Good but expensive, so, no second try. Futhermore, I love Market O Brownie sooooo much :p

The shrimp chips was bought without any expectation, only because I saw a young boy buy some.

P5123065
Every time I went to the Lotte Mart, I definitely bought yogurt, because yogurt in the Lotte Mart is much cheaper than in the Lotte Super near our dorm. And during this trip to Korea, I'm in love with yogurt!
I never tried the pineapple-floured for I don't like it. The grape-floured is terrible.

About the famous banana milk, I tried another brand this time, but I prefer the most famous brand although it's more expensive. But I'll try more different brands if I have a chance.

P5123064
The three bottles of flavored makgeolli are a new try. Hope they'll be good...... I don't like too sweet makgeolli (some kind of rice wine). My friends here seldom wanna have a drink, so I guess I'll finish all of them myself haha. In Taiwan, soju (tastes like industrial alcohol) is so expensive, but in Korea it's too cheap to believe it. I didn't see any makgeolli in Taiwan :( So, I'll miss them very much when I'm home.

Sometimes I meet western friends in the kitchen and learn their simple recipes. Many of them make spaghetti often with a lot of ingredients....I'm too lazy to do this. So I can only copy the easy recipes.
#1. Mix the baked chopped-toast and iced yogurt together, and maybe add some fruit.---I love this!
#2. Bake the toast first, and then smear unsalted butter on it. Last, sprinkle sugar on it.
#3. Fry a sunny-side-up egg, put it on baked toast and add some ketchup one it. I haven't tried it because I don't have ketchup.

One day, I saw an Austrian guy make a 3 layer sandwich with ham and cheese. (I often saw him make this for a meal.) He put them into a microwave, which I'd never tried before. So then I tried it! And the result was... that was the worst sandwich I've ever had!! The cheese was melted, which was a good part of it, but the bread tasted awful...

Although I usually had some dishes with rice for a meal if I cooked myself, I think I could have different toast dishes for every meal now. After coming here, having the same ingredients in different way, I love them now. However, fast food is not good enough. I mean..  nothing to do with health but for a person into cooking, making fast food's not good.
I prefer exotic food to traditional Chinese food somehow. Maybe that's why I can't cook Chinese food well.
When traveling abroad, I'm interested in food more than any other things.






沒有留言:

發佈留言